Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team.
Occupational therapists (OTs) help patients get back to daily activities they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations).
OT services typically include:
- An evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals,
- Customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals, and
- An outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
Occupational therapy services may include:
- A comprehensive examination and interventions based on the client’s home environment, school setting, or workplace.
- Recommendations are commonly made for adaptive equipment and training in its use, and guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
Research has shown that occupational therapy can help to restore movement, alleviate pain, strengthen muscles, improve overall function and prevent further injury. If you have been referred to THERAPY1ONE it is because your doctor believes you will benefit from our services. As such, our goal is to return you to your pre-injury level of function, prevent reoccurrence and guide you through your healing and rehabilitative process.
Call now to set up your first appointment. We can get most patients in within 24-48 hours.
Back to Services